Monday 28 October 2013

Strawberry Love

 My beautiful friend Gina just had her birthday on Friday. I was rather pleased that all the postal systems between us cooperated to make sure her present arrived in time! It’s always a bit of a gamble when posting overseas but this time I managed to judge/guess the time just right! Yay!
I made G a little mini quilt – featuring some of her favourite things. Type font, strawberries and low volume prints.

Strawberry Love mini quilt

The letters are from my Just My Type lowercase alphabet pattern, and I resized my strawberry pattern and set it on an angle. Both these patterns can be found in my Craftsy shop.
 
Love close up

I used scrappy low volume prints for the background and scrappy pink prints (G’s favourite colour) for the letters. I’m starting to embrace my inner scrappiness. Who knew it was even there?! I was inspired by the gorgeous word blocks Catherine (from Cat and Vee) has been having her Bee group make her using this kind of colour scheme. So pretty!

Strawberry close up

Polka dot fabric worked perfectly for the little strawberry. I finished it off with a gorgeous Coral coloured Sketch I bought a little while ago. I do love me some Sketch.

Sticking with the strawberry theme… I popped over to my most window-shopped and drooled over Etsy store – Pinks and Needles. Have you ever been there? The most gorgeous and cute and sweet and adorable little pin toppers you could ever imagine! I wrote to Annie who makes these sweet little sculptures to see if she’d be able to fit in a couple of strawberries before G’s birthday. And yay! She said yes! I was really impressed with her customer service!



If you haven’t yet been to her store, it’s a must. But be warned, it’ll be hard to leave without adding something to your cart. Super cute. (No affiliation here, just admiration!)

Whew! Feels good to be able to share this project! Waiting a couple of weeks is like hard work!

Squishing this one in time for the last linky party of OctoberQuest for TGIFF (even if today is Monday) which is being hosted over at Quilter in the Closets' place.

And linking up to Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts

24 comments:

  1. Aak! Cuteness overload. Love it all. Have been thinking of a strawberry cushion all weekend so am off to get the pattern. Love that you put it on an angle. I'm bound to copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is complete perfection, Kristy! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your world is just a cloud of pink loveliness these days, your daughter must be in heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is so much fun - love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the sweet gift!! You know i love it as it is chalk full of my favorite things + made by you :). You made my day extra special and the gifts you sent are things i will always treasure as well as your friendship. oo g

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I can see that all your extra attention to detail was very appreciated. What a gorgeous mini and thank you for introducing me to that amazing store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet, and the design is extraordinary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the strawberry love ~ so so sweet.
    Went to Pinks and Needles ~ way to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your creations are getting better and better. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW-EE it is gorgeous! Strawberry goodness!
    Fabulous Kristy!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely gift - I'd be delighted to get something ike that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH!!! What a great idea to use a mix of low volume fabrics for the back ground! Simply brilliant!! Gotta pin this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I am in love! What a great gift, and I adore the low volume, the pink, the strawberry. What a lucky friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so adorable. But then, you had me at scrappy low volume background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful. What a great gift. I absolutely love the strawberry, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just absolute perfection Kristy! And the pins are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This little wall hanging is the cutest ever!! How personal and special. G is a very lucky friend indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is definitely gina! how fun you got those cute strawberry pins, too. nice of the postal systems to work out so her bday could be prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love everything about this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!