Monday 22 April 2013

Let’s Get Acquainted Link Up

 Who doesn’t love a good linky party and getting to find some new blogs and more quilty inspiration? I sure do! So when Beth from Plum and June asked me if I’d like to host the Let’s Get Acquainted linky party, I didn’t have to think twice.

Okay I did have to think twice. Not about agreeing to do it, but about what to share with you in my post! I decided to go with my favourite project type of late… canvases. Yep. More canvases!

This time, these are for me!

Reverse applique bird on a branch canvas

I love birds and I’ve been wanting to try some little reverse applique birds on canvases for my room. So I got stuck into it and here they are!

Reverse applique bird canvas

I should have considered how fiddly the feet would be on this one, but I just loved the shape of the silhouette.

Currently they don’t match anything in my room but they will soon! Just as soon as I get busy and make my new quilt. I have the fabric (mix of Seaside Cottage and Summer House both by Heather Mulder Peterson paired with Kona Jade), and have chosen the pattern (Lonestar, tutorial at Better Off Thread) – now I just need the time!

With fabrics

But hey, at least I’ve got the matching canvases done right?!

So how about you? What are you working on? Planning? Just finished? Share it here and let’s get acquainted!

Lets Get Acquainted

Here’s what you need to do:
1. Link up any recent sewing/quilting posts.

2. In your post or on your blog, please include either a text link or a button letting people know about this link up.

3. Visit at least the two bloggers who link up before you and everyone who visits you from this post.

4. When the link tool asks for your name, write down what crazy thing you wanted to be when you grew up. My not yet 3 year old daughter told me she wants to be an astronaut. At that age, I just wanted to be Rapunzel haha!


18 comments:

  1. What a lovely bird! You've chosen some of my favorite colors. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really neat birds! Love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is going to be so pretty. I'm just curious. Are you going to do some FMQ on your quilt? Are you up the challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how already quite a few people have said they wanted to be teachers. Go teachers! Love your canvasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The canvases are great, your room will look very smart when you are finished with all that fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, they're darling. Such a lovelsy colour and print/solid combo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable little bird canvases. Looks like something fun and new to try :)
    AmandaK@whatthebobbin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your canvases are so cute! I love the idea. Love all of your paper piecing as well. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've used canvases to mount a couple of embroidery projects. They are so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the reverse applique birds. The fabrics an colors for your Lonestar are sew pretty! Thanks for hosting the Monday Link-Up. I am linking up. I missed the link up question this week, though, and just put my name. That is okay, though, I really only wanted to grow up to be me anyway ... ;) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your birds are so pretty! They will be a lovely collection.

    I can't wait to see your upcoming Lonestar with these fabrics!


    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are adorable! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your birds are so beautiful and I am glad they et to live with you. Thanks so much for hosting Let's Get Acquainted; this is my first time linking with this blog hop! Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely fabric and canvases. Thanks for hosting today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing crazy, really. Teacher (like my mum), vet, banker (horrid thought!), later journalist, academic,... at your daughter's age, well a little later but still in kindergarten, I said "I don't want to grow up and have to work all day every day. I want to stay in kindergarten." Then I fell in love with school and learning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your fabric choices! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!