... until someone looks like they have leprosy due to your careless ironing.
But let me start at the beginning. It all started about an hour ago when I was applauding myself on a job well done. The signature quilt was finished. Hurrah! There was much rejoicing.
I thought oh, it looks like it’s going to rain soon – I better go snap a photo of the quilt so I can call it completely done and dusted.
I took the above photos. Looked at it. Hello creases. Back inside. Hello iron.
Busy busy busy. Iron iron iron. Think about chocolate. Iron iron iron. Tragedy.
I gave my Nan leprosy. That’s right. I melted her face. Yay me. I cried. My face melted. I had a big whinge to the Wombats (who are wonderful for talking a girl down out of the crazy tree). Told the girls I was considering leaving the block as is and telling people this photo was taken during Nan’s hermit years as leper. That or ring the lady who made the block and ask for another one.
They agreed the second option was perhaps the better one. So I have made the call and apologised profusely for my idiot mistake. Apparently it shoudn’t have melted but maybe the medium heat I had the iron on was too high. Anyways, thankfully, the lovely lady is going to make another block. Hurrah. Again, much rejoicing.
On the downside, I now have to unpick the quilt so I can replace that square.Much sorrow and gnashing of teeth. But at least I will be able to bear to look at the quilt again.
So my quilty friends. The moral of the story is. Don’t think about chocolate when ironing.